Harissa and Brown Sugar Salmon with Olive, Aubergine and Tomato Salsa
Makes 2 portions
Delicious cooked in our XL AerocookPro
2 skinless salmon fillets
200g cherry tomatoes
Dressed salad leaves
Fresh herbs - coriander and parsley are nice, but you could use any
Crispy fried onions
For the Sauce
3 tbsp apricot or rose harissa
3 tbsp muscovado sugar, or any other brown sugar
2 tbsp balsamic
Salt and pepper
Sprinkle of each: ground cumin & ground coriander
For the Salsa
(to be served room temperature)
1 aubergine, cubed, then roasted or steamed
20 kalamata, or dried black olives, roughly chopped
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
Salt and pepper
- Mix your sauce together - 3 tbsp harissa with 2 tbsp balsamic, 3 tbsp brown sugar, plenty of salt and pepper, and a big sprinkle of ground cumin and ground coriander in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven or Aerocook pro to 180°C
- Set aside, and cut your cherry tomatoes in half. Lay them out, cut side up, on a baking tray. Cover them in half of the harissa mixture, saving the rest for the salmon.
- Bake the tomatoes for 45 minutes - 1 hour, until they look caramelised, and the juices are covering the bottom of the tray
- Rub your 2 salmon fillets in the marinade, and leave to sit in the fridge until you are ready to cook them off.
- Make your aubergine salsa in the mean time - Cube your aubergine - I cut mine into 2cm^3 cubes. Then add to a pan to steam for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the aubergine to a bowl when cooked, pour in the cooked tomatoes with all the juice, the chopped Kalamata olives and the lemon juice and season to taste. Add the pine nuts just before serving and mix through well.
- When you’re ready to serve, add your salmon fillets to an oven, or Aerocook pro at 190 for 6-10 minutes (depending on desired texture)
- Plate up, with dressed salad leaves, a couple of tablespoons of the salsa, and the salmon. Top with your fresh herbs, crispy fried onions and more pine nuts and serve.